Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Are you rested up from Christmas yet?  I am definitely ready to move on to the new year and be done with the Christmas projects.  This is my last Christmas project I'm posting.  This week at The Cutting Cafe the design team is featuring projects with Regina's fantastic Loopy Loopy Bow Flower Cutting File and Template.  I used the file to make a bow for a Christmas Gift Bag.  You can make this with paper but I found this really cool textured felt at JoAnn's and fell in love with it.  I had never seen anything like it but thought it would be fun to use for the bow.  I couldn't get the felt to cut on my Cricut so I printed the bow template onto paper then pinned the pattern onto my felt and hand cut it.  This bow has three layers using the small, medium and large pattern together.  You could make it a single layer or just use two layers if you wanted.  I had a plain white gift bag that I bought at the $1 store two in a pack.  I used a piece of red polka dot paper to cover the front of the bag.  Then I used my Elegant Edges cartridge to cut a mat to place my silhouette cut from A Child's Year. 

I assembled the bow and added a big red polka dot button to the center to match the paper.  I placed it in the top corner of the gift bag along with a little greenery.  You can kind of see the texture of the felt in the close up of the bow.  It looks better in person though. So glad you had the chance to stop by.  Head on over to The Cutting Cafe Blog on Wednesday to see the  fantastic Loopy Loopy Bow Flower creations from the rest of the Design Team.  I know you're going to want to get your own file to create one of these.  You can find it HERE.

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Awesome!!! I so love that bow. I've never seen textured felt before. I love it!!! The polka dot paper and button are great. Love the mat and sihouette. All of these make the perfect gift bag!!! :)

Regina Easter said...

oh my i love love love this felt, this is fabulous...I gotta go see if I can find some of that...hugs

Carolyn Wolff said...

Jeri, your gift bag is beautiful. Making the bow out of felt is a great idea. The texture is awesome. Great job.

jessica said...

WOW Jeri~ This is beautiful!!! I am loving the texture of that bow :)

Anonymous said...

No way...this turned out SO pretty
and I almost didn't recognize it! =)
LOVE that texture, amazing!!!!!

Kingston's Kreations said...

So elegant!! I love it! I am so excited to be on the Design team with all of you! ;) Happy New Year!!
Wendy

Carole Beath said...

Jeri, this is just wonderful. Fantastic stuff, girl.