Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Cricut Cardz Challenge #100

Wow-Cricut Cardz Challenge #100 at Cardz TV.  I can't believe it's been 100 challenges.  I've been on the DT from the start and it sure doesn't seem like I've made 100 cards.  Seems like yesterday when it all started.  Anyway, for our 100th challenge Mary asked the DT to move ahead a little and think June in January.  We could use any cartridge and any colors to make a summer themed card.  I used my Pack Your Bags cartridge to make this cruiseship card.  I used the card feature on the cartridge.  I love the postage stamp frame on this cut so I think that's why I picked this card.  After I finished it I thought I should have gone with something more summery (is that a word, probably not).  I guess cruising is not necessarily a summer thing.  In fact, there are probably more people cruising at this time of year trying to get away from the cold.  Oh well, it was done and there you have it.  I cut my base card from white cardstock and topped it with a black mat.  Then I cut the postage stamp/ship top layer from aqua cardstock.  I used my Gypsy so I could size the cruiseship pieces to fit exactly on the top.  I wanted to use all the layers for color.  I placed a scrap of yellow print paper behind the ship but I'm not sure what brand paper it is since it was a scrap.  I cut the sun from the Pack Your Bags cartridge, also.  I hope all the summer themed cards from the DT warm you up and make you think of sunny days to come.  I'm so lucky to be in Florida for the winter where the sky is almost always blue and the sun is shining.  It sure has made a difference in my mental health leaving the cold and snow of Michigan behind.  I know you'll want to join the challenge especially if you're living in a cold climate right now.  It will give you a chance to think WARM.

3 comments:

scrapdiva said...

love it, i need to get that cartridge

Anonymous said...

What a great looking card! makes me want summer to start!

Jennifer said...

Love your card and CONGRATS on being a Guest Designer on Everyday Cricut :o) Jennifer DT