Monday, January 23, 2012

BBTB2 Bloom Dimensional Flower

I am hosting this week's challenge at BBTB2.  I asked the Design Team to create a dimensional flower using the six petal flower on the Cricut Lite Bloom cartridge.  This card shows how a dimensional flower can dress up the simplest design.  I simply took a preprinted element from Jillibean and added my flower.  I used six layers for my flower cutting them at 1/4" increments starting at .5".  My flower is made from red polka dot paper from Doodlebug.  I distressed the edges of each layer before attaching them and curled each petal up a little.  I hope you can  join our flower challenge this week.  Please make sure your project is something new that you've made just for this challenge. 

6 comments:

DIANA L. said...

What a beautiful flower- You are so right 3D flowers are so in right now.
Your project is just awesome.
I love the heart in the middle. to.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Things and Stuff said...

Its sooo pretty!
Tfs!

DonnaMundinger said...

Thanks for a great challenge, Chickie! I think I'm gonna be playing around with flowers a lot more now. Love your kraft and red color scheme and that is one GORGEOUS flower! Love it! xxD

Lizzie Laine said...

Jeri,
Super cute card & fabulous flower!
You did a wonderful job on your card, thanks for sharing how to make the flower. I have got to try making one:)

Carole Beath said...

What a great challenge, Jeri. I love anything with flowers, but to have a 6 petal beauty with layering and dimension makes a creation just pop.
Love your card...
Carole

Debbie said...

What a great card!! Love that flower and all your faux stitching!!
Debbie
http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/