Friday, January 13, 2012

Cardz TV Stamps Encouraging Thoughts, Ribbon, Rhinestones, and Rick Rack

Well that's a long title for a post, isn't it?  Mary asked the Cardz TV Stamps DT to design using one of her stamp sets. I used the set called Encouraging Thoughts.  You can find it here. Then she asked us to use the "three Rs"---you guessed it, ribbon, rhinestones and rick rack.  With Valentine's Day coming up I decided to get started on my cards and here's what I came up with.

I started with a base of brown textured cardstock.  I added a mat of blue damask printed paper from My Mind's Eye Stella Rose Hattie collection.  Then I used my Plantin' Schoolbook cartridge to cut a white scallop border.  I separated these two papers with a brown polka dot ribbon. My scalloped heart is cut from the Sweetheart cartridge.  The mat is brown and the top is a scrap of leftover Christmas paper.  To finish the card off I added the required rick rack at the top and three brown rhinestones.  The sentiment is, of course, from the Encouraging Thoughts stamp set and I used brown chalk ink to stamp it.

You'll want to take part in the challenge to win a stamp set.  You'll be required to use the "3 Rs" on your card.  Please make sure it is a creation that you've made just for this challenge.  This challenge will run from Friday to Sunday and the winner will be announced on Monday.  Good luck and have fun!

10 comments:

Kate said...

So Cute. I love the heart.

Hugs,
kate

Lizzie Laine said...

Jeri,
Your card is so pretty, love how you incorporated all the R's!

teachdanz said...

I love your card Jeri!! Love the paper choices!

DIANA L. said...

The colors are super on this card and the design is really nice

girlia said...

Lovely job!

The Queen (Laura) said...

Great job!

Rachel said...

Such an eye with the color and the layout! I really like this!

Shawnee said...

This is such a beautiful card. I love your heart and the papers you used. Stunning!

Cricut Crazy said...

BEAutiful card!! I give the contest a try. I'm not too creative, but I'll give it my all!

Kathy

Barb Smith said...

Great card. Nice to see other colours used when making Valentine's Day cards.

Barb from Toronto, Canada