Happy New Year, Everyone! WooHoo 2012! I know this is silly but I like even numbered years better than odd number. It seems easier for me to remember what year to write on my checks when it's an even number. I know that's ridiculous. LOL
Today is a very exciting day at BBTB2. Our former leader, Heather, has stepped down and the torch has been passed to the wonderful duo of Carole and Donna. They will be co-leading the Design Team and I couldn't be happier. They are both so amazingly talented and I know great things are ahead for BBTB2. Best of luck to you Heather. For our first challenge of the year our design team sister, Krista, picked the ice skate from the Winter Woodland cartridge for us to design with. This is actually my second card I made for this challenge. My dog ate the first one. Yeah, I know, I'm not in school anymore making excuses for my homework, but honestly, the dog ate it. I was extremely ticked off about it, too. I love my dear dog, but, he has one fault. He gets a little miffed when we leave him alone sometimes and will chew anything left around that's paper. Unfortunately, my just finished card must have fallen off the table and I didn't realize it. Hubby and I left to go to "happy hour" with some friends, we came back and there was my card all chewed up. Yes, I admit, I wanted to kill him. I swore I wasn't going to make another one for the challenge, but then I felt guilty. So I whipped this up. My background paper is Cosmo Cricket Jolly By Golly. My sentiment is from Cardz TV Home for Christmas stamp set. I hope you can join our challenge this week. If you don't have the Winter Woodland cartridge you can choose an ice skate from any other Cricut Cartridge. But please make sure it is a brand new creation and not a backlink to a previously made project. Thanks for coming by and have a great week.
8 comments:
What a cute card. Just love the red and pinks paper. Warm Winter Wishes to you as well :))
Ah the likely dog ate it story.... Ha ha ha... I am just kidding because my Heidi Sweetface dog was a paper carnivore and of course she happened to live in a house that offered a paper buffet. Your card is so cute. I cut some skates for several cartridges, all were cute and I had a hard time settling for just one pair and somehow the card lost its appeal with 4 pair of skates sitting all about. Thanks for your kind comments for Donna and I. We are very excited.
Hugs
Jeri..Thanks for taking the time to make another card..It turned out perfect..Love the colors..U would have been missed..Krista
Jeri I LOVE this card... It is sooo fun looking! I would have never thought of pinks, but this looks fabulous! I hope you gave that dog a treat!! ;)
Susan
Lovely
ROTFLMAO! Yeah, yeah, sure he did, Jeri! Well, I have no idea what the first card was, but this one is just beautiful! LOVE that paper you chose. It really gives the feeling of gliding on the ice. Happy New Year, Chickie and thanks for the kind words. Carole and I are really excited. xxD
Well, I hope you at least had fun at Happy Hour!!! I don't know what your first card looked like, but your second won is beautiful Jeri! Happy New Year my friend....I hope 2012 is a happy and healthy one for you and your family.
Your dog ate your card?! I'm so sorry, but I was really laughing hard!! I know it isn't funny to you, but I think it is! Your remake is just beautiful!! I love love the colors. Awesomeness!!!! :)
Post a Comment