Monday, January 9, 2012

Bitten By The Bug2 Walk In My Garden Caterpillar

Happy Monday!  I hope you all had a fabulous weekend.  It's time for a new challenge at BBTB2.  This week Carole chose the challenge and she asked us to use an oldie but goodie cartridge, Walk In My Garden.  I love this cartridge because it's one with a card feature.  I love using the card features.  It's kind of an instant gratification thing.  Carole asked us to use the caterpillar cut.  I decided to use the window card with the caterpillar cut into it.  My flower patterned paper is from Studio G, the blue polka dot paper is from Colorbok and the yellow check is from  my scrap pile.   I used my Gypsy to design this card so I was able to hide the contours of the caterpillar's face.  That allowed me to use my Peachy Keen stamp for the happy face.  This card is going to my granddaughter so I'm sending her Big Bug Hugs.  I made the sentiment on my computer and printed it on a label and frame I made with the Elegant Edges cartridge.  I fussy cut a few flowers from the patterned paper to place around the sentiment and used some foam dots to pop them up.  I hope you can play along this week.  If you don't have the Walk In My Garden cartridge you can use a caterpillar from any other cartridge, but please make a new creation for the challenge.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great week.

7 comments:

Carole Beath said...

Ah, I love me a plaid caterpillar. This is just darling. I love the whole design, but I could kiss that darling little plaid critter.
Carole

Anonymous said...

I love this little guy! I hope to make something with him for this weeks challenge!

www.createdbycori.blogspot.com

GiuliaG. said...

Jeri, how sweet are those PK faces! Your card is so cute...love your little bug!

DonnaMundinger said...

I ALWAYS forget about the card feature. This turned out so stinkin' cute! Especially love the gingham caterpillar. Fabulous! xxD

Sharon said...

I so love the yellow checked caterpillar!!! Such a sweet smiling face, too! Love the flower bg paper. Your granddaughter is gonna love this card! :)

shelly said...

how cute is this ! love your patterned caterpillar i too forget about using the card feature on the carts. hope things are going good for ya :) xxshelly

Curko said...

Really cute card! The pattern paper is so CUTE! Love it :)