Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Everyday Cricut Guest Design Day 3

Welcome Everyone!  Today is my third day as Guest Designer at Everyday Cricut and I'm following through on yesterday's theme of Animals and Animal sentiments.  Today I've made lollipop treat holders using the Create A Critter cartridge.  I started with 3x4 rectangles cut from pink cardstock.  Then I used my Sweethearts cartridge for the shaped mats (cut at 2.75") from white cardstock and the frames cut from red.  Again, I printed my sentiment right onto the white cardstock mats then added the red frames. I've had some questions about the printed sentiment so I'll tell you how I do it.  I use my word processing program on my printer and just type the saying and print it on regular copy paper.  I usually print the sentiment around the middle of the page so there's plenty of room for the next step.  I take the cut paper I'm using on my card, in this case the red framed mat, place it over the printed sentiment on the copy paper, tape it in place, then run it through my printer again.   I added pink brads on each side.  I cut my animals from Create A Critter at 1.75", assembled and added them to the framed mats.  I taped the suckers onto the pink cardstock and then I used Tacky Tape to attach the framed animals over the top.  That's it---sweet and simple. 

So glad you stopped by and thank you so much for the sweet comments you've been leaving me.  I enjoy reading each and everyone.  Tomorrow I wrap up my Gruest Designing gig with a fabulous three dimensional project.  I can't wait to show it to you.

7 comments:

scrapdiva said...

too adorable, very good idea

Audrey Godere -Dickinson said...

Those are so adorable.. thank you for sharing.. I am a new follower.. www.scrappyemt.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Cute way to give treats! These would make great party favors!

Rene said...

Great idea for the kids for school parties for Valentines. What size did you make the white, outlined in red, design? So sweet!

Ruth G said...

Jeri, these are such a wonderful treat! Thanks so much for sharing!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

These r so adorabe and love your detail work!!

KorasMamaw said...

I didn't see this in time for 2012 Valentine's Day party for Kindergarters but will make ahead for next year. Great Idea!!!