I'm feeling a little sad today since I'm showing my last project for my Guest Design Spot at Everyday Cricut. I'm so grateful to Joy and Melanie for allowing me the privilege to share my projects with their followers. They are both so very talented and I've drawn so much inspiration over the years following them. Now I hope that I've given some inspiration to them and their loyal fans. Today's project was made using the Sweet Tooth Boxes cartridge. It's the toolbox cut. It doesn't look much like a toolbox when you make it out of girly paper and it looks a little more like a lunchbox to me. I made this box for my granddaughter, Payton, to put on her desk at school to hold her Valentine cards at her classroom party. It would also make a fantastic box for presenting Valentine sweets or treats. I cut the box as big as it would fit on the Cricut mat which is 9.5". My patterned paper is double sided Bo Bunny. I have a bit of advice to make your box sturdy enough to hold a heavier treat. I cut it out twice and then placed pieces of chipboard between the layers. I think that made it strong enough to hold a bunch of yummy cookies or even a loaf of nut bread. I also advise you to first cut it from inexpensive cardstock so you can see how it all goes together before cutting your good paper. I often do this with my Cricut cuts when I'm not sure of sizes. I'm a real visual kind of person and need to see it in person sometimes instead of on the manual pages.
This front view shows the embellishments I added to the handle and how I decorated the front of the box. I used the bee from Create A Critter (cut at 1.75") and the Bee Mine (cut at 1") sentiment from the Simply Charmed cartridge. I cut the sentiment twice because it actually cuts be mine. Cutting it twice allowed me to make my sentiment say Bee Mine. I cut an extra "E" off the second cut and added it on.
I hope you've enjoyed my Guest Design projects this week because I sure enjoyed creating them. It's always wonderful to share my papercrafting passion. Thanks so very much to Miss Melanie and Miss Joy for allowing me to be a part of their fantastic blog. It has been an extreme pleasure. Thanks to all of you who left sweet comments for me. I appreciate each and every one of you.
6 comments:
Sorry you are finished with Everyday Cricut, but I've added you to my "check everyday" list! Glad Joy & Melanie introduced you to their followers for even more great ideas!
Thank you for all you showed us in 4 days!
Great project! Love finding ur blog! Tfs
Wonderful! I've had fun this week! I think I'm going to continue to see what other adventures you have with your Cricut by becoming a follower! TFS!!!
Hi Jeri,congratulations on your GD spot this week. Everyday Cricut was the first cricut blog I ever stumbled across and was amazed by
the creativity.
Your projects this week were gorgeous and I enjoyed each and everyone. My favourite has to be todays! Love this. I had forgotten about this cut and you've inspired me to use it.
TFS.
Jayne x
Jeri...this is simply fabby. I love the project...You always dish out a big dose of inspiration to all of us.
Carole
I too am adding you on a daily basis. Still watching to see your blog on living in an rv. Just got all my "stuff" organized and couldn't imagine what I would put in our rv if we were going to live in it permanently. Really enjoyed your work this past week and the opportunity to email you and get your responses. Thanks, friend.
Mstgane
Ann Robbins
Post a Comment