I'm so very excited to be the Guest Designer this week at Everyday Cricut. It's like a dream come true as I've been a follower of the site for a very long time. I'm so very thankful that Joy and Melanie have given me the opportunity to share my papercrafting passion with their followers. I hope I'll have lots of new visitors to my blog and I'll give you all some inspiration and ideas to carry into your own designs. Since Valentine's Day is less than a month away all of my projects this week will be Valentine themed. For my first project of the week I'll be showing you a home decor project. However, I'd also like to say that this would work as a scrapbook page by substituting a photo where I have my image cut from A Child's Year. It would make a great layout for a wedding album, too. Sit back, relax and grab your favorite beverage because this is a rather lengthy post.
I'll list all the supplies I used at the end of my post. This project started with a chipboard frame that I found at my local scrapbook store. I decided to flip it to the back since I wanted to use some dimensional elements and I could then place them inside the frame. I started by tracing the shape of the frame onto a piece of 12x12 paper.for my background. Starting in the left hand corner and working clockwise--I started with 12 mini spools that I wrapped with red jute and layed out in the shape of a heart.
For my next element I wanted to make a banner to drape across the right corner of the frame to incorporate the word LOVE. I found the banner with the sweet scalloped bottom on the Cricut Lite Sugar and Spice cartridge. I cut the banner pieces at 2". I wanted a dainty, feminine looking alphabet and thought that the letters on the Cricut Lite Lovely Floral cartridge would be perfect. I also found the pretty scalloped oval to place behind the letters on the same cartridge. The ovals were cut at 1.25" and the letters at 1". I attached the banners with red and white twine then tied the twine around a decorative mini clothespin at each end.
In the right hand corner I placed a white doily and made a rosette to place on top of it. I cut a 1.5" strip of patterned paper then used a scalloped border punch on one side before using my MS Scoreboard for pleating. For the top layer I made a flower using the Cricut Lite Bloom cartridge. This flower is in the fourth row, last key in the row, the flower with six petals. My flower has eight layers cut at .75, 1, 1.25, 1.5, 1.75, 2, 2.25 and 2.5". I distressed the edges of each petal before attaching them and added a pearl brad to the center.
The last cut element on my project is from A Child's Year. This cut is in the first row, key number 3. I simply cut it from red cardstock and then placed it in a frame I cut from the Elegant Edges cartridge (row 3, key 8 with oblong and shift keys pressed).
At the bottom of the frame I added four rows of trim--a row of lace, two strips of patterned paper and red polka dot ribbon.I thank you for your patience and for seeing this long post through to the end. I hope you'll leave me a comment and tell me what your favorite element is on this project. Tomorrow I have some Valentine cards to share with you that are perfect for kids, whether it be your own, your grandchildren or your children's classmates. I hope you'll join me tomorrow to see them.
List of products and supplies:
Cricut Cartridges-Bloom, Lovely Floral, Sugar 'n Spice, A Child's Year
Chipboard Frame-Beyond the Page by TPC Studio
Cardstock-Bazzill
Patterned Papers, Mini Clothespins-Pebbles
White Lace Doily-Martha Stewart
Mini SpoolsRed Jute
Red and White Twine
Lace, Polka Dot Ribbon-Hobby Lobby
17 comments:
I can't tell you what my favorite is cause I LOVE the whole thing!!
This is gorgeous Jeri, that is such an honor to craft for these ladies! Congrats, I am so happy to be one of your followers!!!
I loved the vintage look of this project. I also love the trims & ribbons at the bottom! Thanks for sharing! And thanks to Everyday Cricut for bringing you on board!!!
This is beautiful! My favorite is the flower. I am going to try making that since I love flowers! Loojibg forward to the rest of the week at Everyday Cricut!
This is beautiful! My favorite is the flower. I am going to try making that since I love flowers! Loojibg forward to the rest of the week at Everyday Cricut!
Fabulous job on your wall tray. Just love it.
Absolutely Beautiful Home Decor. I just love all the elements especially the flower. Congrats on being their GDT.
Hugs,
Kate
Absolutely stunning!
Adeline B
Jeri, there aren't enough words......... these are simply wonderful projects. Precious papers and colors, of course, but the designs are fabby. Wow... Congrats on the guest DT spot. You shine, girl.
Carole
This is absolutely beautiful!! I was looking for something to to do for my daughter from her kids(they are 2 & 3). I think it will be great with a picture of them on it like you suggested for a scrapbook layout. I can't wait to see what you do for the rest of the week!! Thank you for such great inspiration!!!
Darling project!
I LOVE it! All of it! If I had to pick just one favorite, I'd say the spools, since I've not seen them before. I must find them. Very cute! I can't wait to see what's next. Thanks.
Great card. So many elements to this card. Very interesting. I particularly love the banner and the flower detail. TFS.
Barb from Toronto, Canada
I didn't know A Child's Year had a Valentine oriented cut on it! Thanks for finding that! I have over 60+ carts and it's hard to keep up as to what's on what! Do you know if there is something "popcorn" oriented around?
I'm a follower of Everyday Cricut and I just had to come over to your blog to tell you how much I love your project! Picking my favorite part is hard because I really LOVE the spool heart, but I also think your Child's year silhouette is perfect and the banner is wonderful (cute background paper, too!) So there you go! Thanks so much for sharing!!!
I know one of the new digital kits on Cricut Craft Room has a popcorn box. It's called movie night (here's the link http://main.cricut.com/shopping/detail-Cartridges-Digital-Cartridges-Cricut-Craft-Room-Exclusives-Cricut-Craft-Room-Exclusives-Movie-Night-299-2008.aspx)
HTH!
OMG!!! Absolutely PRECIOUS! Congrats on your guest spot at EC. They're so lucky to have you! xxD
Post a Comment