Monday, January 16, 2012

Bitten By the Bug2 Number Challenge

Happy Monday!  It's been a long time since I've done two posts in one day.  If you didn't see my first post of the day I hope you'll scroll down to my post below to see my first project of the week as the Guest Designer over at Everyday Cricut.  For today's BBTB2 challenge our very talented and fearless co-leader, Donna, asked the DT to use numbers in their design.  That sure worked out perfect for me because I need a 50th Anniversary card for some friends.  I started by making a shaped card using Elegant Edges.  I just love this cartridge and use it sooooo much.  I used the oblong feature key (shift on) and the cut is in row number 5, key number 3.  I welded two shapes together with my Gypsy for the base card cut from white cardstock.  Then I used the up/down arrow key to make the same image a little smaller for a top mat.  I cut this in blush Stampin' Up cardstock then embossed it in my Cuttlebug with the Divine Swirls folder.  Over this mat I cut a scalloped oval frame in white.  This is also on the Elegant Edges cartridge row 5, key 5 with the Oblong feature key and shift pressed.  My 50th image is cut from the Hertage cartridge.  I added some Martha Stewart fine crystal glitter to this cut for a little sparkle.  That's it---a pretty quick and simple, but elegant card.  I hope you'll join in our BBTB2 challenge this week.  You can use any number from any cartridge, but remember it must be a knew project made especially for this challenge, please.

9 comments:

Kate said...

Oh that is Gorgeous. I love how this turned out.

Hugs,
Kate

Carole Beath said...

This card is awesomely gorgeous. The cuts are just perfect, the color choices are fabby. Your work is just wonderful, Jeri.
Carole

Curko said...

What a fabulous card! Love the white and cream cardstock. The embossing and the shape of the card is just lovely. Always an amazing job :))

Ruth G said...

Very elegant! I'm sure your friends will feel very blessed to have received such a personal gift! (Yep, I'd say that a card like this qualifies for gift status!)

DIANA L. said...

This is so elegant with the subtle colors and the swirls.

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

This is really pretty! what wonderful paper!

shelly said...

beautiful card jeri love the softness of the colors and the elegant cuts along with the embossing looks fabulous. have a terrific day! :) xxshelly

Moxy77 said...

This is such a pretty card. I am so glad it got added to the pinterst page on the Elegant Edges board. Melissa

DonnaMundinger said...

Soo beautiful and elegant! Wished they'd had a 90th on the Heritage cart after seeing this but I suppose that would be highly unlikely. LOL LOVE it! xxD