Monday, January 30, 2012

BBTB2 Baby carriage



Happy Monday, Everyone!  It's the last Monday of the month of January and I can't believe it.  How did we already run through the first month of the New Year?  Unbelievable!  Well, anyway, since it's the last Monday of the month that means it's Blog Hop time at Bitten By the Bug 2.  You should have arrived here from my ever sweet friend Shelly's blog.  Wasn't her card just darling?  Well, I totally have to admit my mistake.  I missed the part of the challenge Carol set for us this week that said to use the New Arrival cartridge.  But not to worry, as with all our challenges at BBTB2, if you don't have the New Arrival cartridge you can use a baby carriage from another Circut cartridge.  I used an oldie but goodie, Stretch Your Imagination.  I love going back to an old cartridge to create.  It just so happens that I needed to make a baby card.  Our financial planner and his wife are expecting their first child within the next two weeks.  It's very unusual in this day and age to find a couple that doesn't want to know the sex of their child, but this couple opted to be surprised.  So I couldn't make a pink or blue card and decided to go with a neutral yellow.  I wanted to make a shaped card this week and I used my Gypsy to do it.  I welded two shadow cuts together, flipping the second cut.  I cut the base card from white cardstock then added my yellow polka dot patterned paper from Authentique.  I did add a touch of pink with the heart and I hope that doesn't make it look too girly.  A small piece of lace, a white bow and a little doodling finish the card off.  My sentiment is from a brand new stamp set from Cardz TV Stamps called Sweet Things.  The next stop on the hop is the ever so talented, Susan here.  Just wait until you see her adorable creation.  Have a super fun time with the rest of the hop.

21 comments:

Sandi said...

Jeri, love the softness of this buggy and the stitching is a perfect touch. Hugs

Maureen Reiss said...

Super cute card!!! Not too girly at all!!

DonnaMundinger said...

I really love how cool and modern this looks. Great color choice for an adorable card! xxD

GiuliaG. said...

A beautiful baby card....I love the soft colors and the fringe on the carriage.

DIANA L. said...

This is pretty nice . It fits the name of the cart you used I like how the buggy is stretched. The yellow color is perfect.


DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Scrapping Girl said...

I love Stretch Your Imagination! I like how you welded to make the shaped card! They will love it! Perfect stamp for the front too!

littlen said...

very cute card. love the color choice. tfs.

Sher said...

Stretch Your Imagination was one of the very first carts I ever owned. I keep going back to it. Beautiful little card.

CherylP said...

Great card!! I always forget about that cartridge until I see what someone else does with it. TFS!!

Sharon said...

Fantastic card!!! I love that you made it a shaped card. And the yellow it just great! :)

**Treefrog** said...

Such an Adorable sweet card Jeri, I'm sure they will treasure it, perfect colors for a boy or a girl.
((Hugs)) Theresa

Cindy Beland said...

Your card is sooo SWEET!AWESOME job with it!:)

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Really a cute carriage and a great shape card. Love the papers you used.

girlia said...

cute

Susan Edwards said...

Jeri - I LOVE this card. Simply perfection!!! I oooowed and ahhhhed even before the post went live!!! Truly adorable!
Susan

A Little Time said...

Awwww, lovely!! This is so cute and sweet!! I love it, Jeri!

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Jeri, Love the colors...For a boy or a girl..Lovely..Krista

Susan said...

Such an adorable card! LOVE the heart ~ and your bow is just perfect! I wouldn't have thought to use Stretch ~ but it works!
SusanJ in Atlanta

marg0006 said...

What a cute carriage.Greatjob.
marg0006@verizon.net
Loving Scrapper101

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Jeri I love this card! Shaped cards are my favourite and your lace and bow look gorgeous!
Just beautiful!
Hugs
Juliexx

Ohhh Snap said...

Great card!! Love how you made the shape and the details are fabulous! SYI is one of my favorite carts too :D